Sunday, January 2, 2011

12/26-1/1

51 miles
8:46 hours
6000 Ft/gained
-
Had a righteous 50k to start the year running from Driver's Flat to Cal 1 and back. I am noticing my strength building quickly, as a mini bonk around mile 22 and a major bonk at mile 28 were both EASILY undone by adding some calories to my empty tank. At mile 22 I ingesting my first calories of the day in the form of 1 GU. That got me kick started for the next 45 minutes before I fell completely apart, only to be given charity calories by Ken Crouse. after a couple minutes of walking up Driver's Flat, I could put together complex thoughts and soon got back to running. It was a beautiful snowy day, and I was happy to share a portion of it with Austin and Jacob.
Here's to a healthy 2011!

1 comment:

  1. stoked to share the trails with you again. when we all get a little stronger, I forsee a Foresthill to Last Chance and back (as a quality training run for Silver State/TRT) sometime in April. Was braggin' to my wife and all my co-workers of your accomplishment, well done.

    ReplyDelete